FABcast



Sunday, November 23, 2014

A Different Perspective on the "Parable of the 4 Soils"?



I was reading the "Parable of the Sower" recently and came to a new understanding of it as the "Parable of the 4 Soils."  I asked my closest friends to critique it and they all agreed to disagree agreeably with my position.  That's why I love having friends who Love Christ first and accept me regardless of my unorthodox interpretations.  I took their points into consideration and made adjustments where I saw consisent with the text.

I have honestly done my best to handle this text correctly and have searched my heart to put all my preconceived dogmatic theology aside so that the Holy Spirit could reveal to me the intended meaning of the text.

Summary: I believe each of the Soils represents a Believer and the four ways in which any person can respond to the Word of God.  Only one of the four will bear fruit that lasts.

Is it possible that only 25% of preaching/teaching bears fruit from within the Church?  For me, that number is even way too high. But I cannot argue with the Scriptures.  God says 1/4, so 1/4 it must be.

What do you think?  Looking forward to learning more and more about this passage and what our Lord has to say through his Children.

 

No comments: