FABcast



Saturday, July 24, 2021

Conducting my Dad's Memorial Service


This was the hardest memorial service I've ever conducted, and the most joyous. I've never experienced such an amazing celebration of life ceremony. Every word and every memento given served to remind us of the Kingdom of God here on earth as it is in heaven. -------------- Full Memorial service in HD: www.vimeo.com/rbar/dadcol Message only: https://youtu.be/UkZNrvru2BQ Message audio: www.soundcloud.com/forallbelievers/conducting-my-dads-memorial-service SCARS IN heaven (mom and dad tribute) www.Vimeo.com/RBAR/scars Well done (Ryan’s tribute) www.Vimeo.com/RBAR/welldone Full slideshow (made by Janette) www.Vimeo.com/RBAR/dad Dad’s paddle out memorial: www.vimeo.com/rbar/paddleout Dad’s burial at sea service: This is also a short clip about Marked Men for Christ to those who wanted to know what my dad was involved in in the last year: https://youtu.be/cQKWjFEb9GQ Pray about it and join us for the next conference on 22-24 October in Wrightwood, CA. https://www.markedmenforchrist.org/si... ------- "I can't even describe the love I felt watching your mom and the roses. Your family is phenomenal...I have never seen anything like it or a tribute that expressed so much love..." Scott Mills "Thank you for inviting me to celebrate your Dad's life. Your family's celebration is where I needed to be today. I have never witnessed such a moving tribute to faith, family and service. What a life Leo lived -- and what an example he is for all of us....Indeed a life well lived!" A.G. Wilcox "Thank you for the opportunity to attend your Dad’s Celebration!! Through the wonderful, beautiful, and amazing stories of your family, it helped me grow as a Son (for our Heavenly Father), Husband, Father, and yes, Grandfather! This growth will be felt everywhere in my life. Thank you again!" - Bret Ropelato "The celebration of life service for your father passing, Deb and I attended yesterday was an event we will remember the rest of our life. Thank You Brother for the invitation and Honor of attending. You really have a Beautiful Family, and it was because of your Father and Mother and their Love For Jesus Christ. " Aloha Brother 💪 Tom & Debbie Nan and I were really moved and inspired by the life of your father. Nan even said this is the first memorial service she's been to where she came out encouraged, especially to share the Good News to the hospital where she works and her family. Art “Bong” Gaerlan "Your comments on your father's passing were very deep, moving, and inspiring. As a soon to be 65er (and with prostate cancer that is possibly advancing faster than I want it to) your words were great to read." Thank you John Price What a beautiful Celebration of Leo's life. Everyone who participated in sharing did an excellent job. I was touched by so many of the sweet memories and stories that were shared. The dance to the Hawaiian Wedding song was so moving. Ryan did a fantastic job from the moment he started talking to the sharing of the many ways people experience grief and reminding us that each way is okay. Your arranging the roses while talking about the garden excerpts from the Bible was especially moving. I had another event for which I needed to leave so I didn't get to the enjoy the wonderful lunch you and your beautiful family provided. I am sure I missed a real treat! My heart was so full of all that was shared. I pray that God's comfort and peace will flood your heart and that your knowing where Leo is will help during this hard time. You are in my prayers. My heart is full of love for you and your amazing family. Linda Fisher

No comments: