FABcast



Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Video feature: Tears of the Saints

When the Gospel penetrates our hearts, it moves us to GO and MAKE Disciples. Rarely have I ever met a Believer who went on their first mission trip and and was not changed in some lasting way for the Kingdom. They usually go thinking they are going to minister to orphans or widows and leave realizing they were the ones that were ministered to. It's then that they also realize the truth that it is more blessed to give than receive.

 In 2006, I remember driving down the I-5 freeway and listening to a message from Francis Chan on going on a mission. In the Chan way, he said something to the effect of, "just go!" So I did. I went to Mindanao Philippines to serve in the Haven of Hope Orphanage (hohkids.com).

My experience at the orphanage was just what I explained earlier.  I realized a deeper meaning of the truth that it is more blessed to give than receive.

What is on your heart?  A desire or curiosity to GO and make disciples?  To step out on faith and serve him abroad?  To look after widows and orphans in their distress?  If so, GO.

No comments: