FABcast



Tuesday, February 10, 2015

"Give Me Your Eyes" by Brandon Heath


This is a wonderful song and powerful prayer: "Lord, give me your eyes..."
...to see my spouse through your eyes
...to see my family through your eyes
...to see my children through your eyes
...to see my neighbors through your eyes
...to see my co-workers through your eyes
...to see my supervisor(s) through your eyes

This is a prayer that ends the frustrations that follow the prayer preceded by "help me..."  I learned recently that God doesn't to necessarily co-drive with me.  Jesus actually wants to "take the wheel" so he can take the vehicle where he wants.  He actually wants ALL of us. 

Imagine if we no longer saw our surroundings through our fleshly point of view, but rather through the lenses of the mind of Christ?  How liberating would it be to no longer be frustrated with people, but rather filled with compassion, grace, mercy and love. 

This walk comes when the good news of Jesus Christ frees us up to see life in a new radical way; that is, through the Gospel.

No comments: