FABcast



Saturday, January 24, 2015

"Seek Your Kingdom" by Kings Kaleidescope


One of the books our Chuch is going through is Ecclesiasties.  We're learning that life without the Kingdom in mind is vanity.  The most accomplished man in the world (King Solomon) did a little experiement with his life and came up to the conclusion that life is meaningless without God.  He saved us all the trouble of trying to find meaning or fulfillment in anything other than God.  It doesn't last.

One of the songs the music team played for us was "Seek Your Kingdom" - another stand out piece by Kings Kaleidoscope. 

Lastly, I've been following the Kingdom Agenda campaign led by Tony Evans who reminds us all that: "The unifying central theme throughout the Bible is the glory of God and the advancement of His Kingdom. The conjoining thread from Genesis to Revelation – from beginning to end – is focused on one thing: God’s glory through advancing God’s Kingdom."

Kings Kaleidoscope – Seek Your Kingdom Lyrics
I’ve been anxious, I can’t sleep
Worthless worries, burden me

I hunt the sun, chase the wind
Till my tired spirit spins into the ground
When I try to take control
Fear and terror grip my soul
I need joy, I need peace
I need rest I need relief
I look to you, and you teach me to

Seek your kingdom
Seek your righteousness

See the ravens, they can’t farm
They don’t have silos, trucks or barns
But our God sees their needs
And he loves them and he feeds them everyday

See the lilies, how they grow
They don’t work or buy their clothes
But if God, by his grace, clothes the grass with great array
Then how much more, is there in store, when I

Seek your kingdom
Seek your righteousness
I will seek your kingdom
Seek your righteousness

When I’m worried about tomorrow, your will will guide me through
All these things in my life won’t shake me, you’ll take me home

No comments: