FABcast



Monday, January 19, 2015

40 Days of Prayer for America


I am sad to say that I have never participated in a prayer event like this.  In fact, I used to avoid them and pull the "God is sovereign" card.  But the more I get into the Word, the more my sin is being exposed and I am now seeing the need for prayer.  You may think this is elementary, and you're right.  But when someone is into "theology" (as I am) spiritual disciplines may get swallowed up by concepts where there is no balance.  Study is imperative.  Application is imperative.  Confession, repentance and community are fleshed out in study and application.  It's beautiful when one of the manifestations of studying the Word is genuine, fervent, powerful prayer.

So, join me and my friends in committing to pray for our great nation in which we live.  Let us pray that God would have complete freedom to express himself through Believers.  Let us pray that our children's children would also let God fully reign in their hearts, minds, hands, words, tone of voice...  Let us pray for revival in America - that the gospel of grace would be caught as well as taught and people in and outside the local church would be "saved" (phase 1 & 2!).

No comments: